Cheese-drenched burger and soya sauce chicken has arrived all the way from Malaysia. They are soggy and attractive from afar.
The burgers are suitable for cheese lovers but unfavorable for you if you’re health conscious and wish not to add a few calories.
In this case, we shall prepare the drenched cheeseburger and soya sauce chicken separately as a complimentary dish.
Soya Sauce Chicken
Soya Sauce Chicken is a sumptuous dish that is a fast and easy recipe for any day-night dinner. The chicken comes out with a savoury taste of sweet and tasty glaze.
This can be served with a cheese drenched burger to make a complete meal.
- Makes a serving for 8 people
- Takes ten minutes to prepare the ingredients
- Takes one hour to cook
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of soya sauce
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ cup of minced garlic
- ¼ cup of freshly minced ginger
- 5 pounds of bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- ¼ cup of chopped green onions
- Mix together the sugar, water, soya sauce, garlic and ginger in a bowl. stir the ingredients until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the chicken thighs into a pot and let it boil as you turn it every five minutes.
- Let the chicken cook completely (until its bones are no longer pink) and until all the water in the pot dries. for you to know this, place an instant-read thermometer near the chicken bones. once it reads 165 degrees F or 75 degrees Celsius then it has cooked well. This will take approximately 35 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients mixture to the chicken and stir them together.
- Let them cook for about 10 minutes.
- The entire mixture will turn into a rich brown coat. Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken on a platter and sprinkle some chopped green onions on top of it.
Savoury Cheese Sauce
- 1 full cup of all-purpose flour.
- 3 cups of low-fat milk.
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard.
- 2 full cups of shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese.
- ¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese.
- Pour the flour in a saucepan and slowly whisk with milk, add some mustard and continue whisking until they blend together. Cook over medium heat while constantly stirring for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the cheeses and stir until it melts.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This a delicious and easy snack to make for your family and friends.
- Makes a serving for 8 people.
- Takes ten minutes to prepare the ingredients.
- Takes 10 minutes to cook.
- Takes a total of twenty minutes.
- 1 ½ pound of ground beef or chicken chuck
- Freshly ground pepper and kosher salt
- 8 cubes of pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions for topping
- Ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise for spreading. (though optional)
- Likewise, the buns were drenched in a savory cheese sauce that wasn’t too thick.
- Divide the beef into eight separate pieces.
- Press a cube of pepper jack cheese in the middle of each beef and shape the meat around the cheese.
- Form the meat and cheese into patties of ¾ inch thick and 4 inches wide.
- Season the patties with pepper and salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium and high heat.
- Add the patties and fry until brown on the bottom for five minutes.
- Turn the patties and top each with a slice of cheddar cheese and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Toast the hamburger buns and spread them with ketchup.
- Fill them with the burgers and top up with red onion, tomato and lettuce.
- Drench the burger buns with the savory cheese sauce that you had prepared earlier.
- Serve each burger on its own plate and serve with soya sauce chicken on the side.